1. I didn't think it was possible for a city to give up but I now know that can happen. Pocatello has kind of thrown in the towel as far as trying to be a nice city and it is just letting the chips fall. If I were to describe the city in one word it would be "Depressing." If I had two words, I would say, "Super Depressing."
2. I can tell I'm in Idaho because I had pizza tonight and it had actual potatoes on it.
3. If this city wanted to get serious about making money they should pay the company that makes Sudafed to build a factory here. They wouldn't even need to ship the product out of town.
4. One of the high schools here has school colors of teal and purple. I think every professional sports that was established in the 1990's has the same color scheme.
5. I've been here for a few hours and seen a bunch of people yet I haven't seen one African-American person. Lots of white people though. Lots.
6. Idaho State University is located here and so far I have seen absolutely no sign of the college. Not even a "Go Bengals" on a reader board outside a restaurant.
7. Sizzler Steakhouse is still a thing apparently.
8. Wi-Fi is new here and the bugs still need to get worked out.
That's all I have but tomorrow is a brand new day!
On the bright side, it's awesome to see my friend and his family. On the negative side, there's the above but more importantly, I miss my daughter so much it hurts my soul. I saw a little girl with her dad at a gas station today and it almost gave me a panic attack because my daughter wasn't nearby. As a new parent, I'm wondering when this feeling passes.
I have no story to review today because travel sucks the life out of me.